This was a long work week, so here are some games and apps instead of articles as I couldn’t find time to concentrate on pieces.
- TV: Jessica Jones, Season 2 – While work was plenty, some of it was also repetitive, so I managed to watch the new Season of Jessica Jones. Very intense storytelling.
- iOS: Altos Odyssey – When I downloaded Alto for the first time, I dismissed it as being too similar to its precursor. However, it has more facets, and it’s easier to achieve goals.
- Podcast: Playing for Fun with Tiffany Arment and Myke Hurley – Two people talk about the positive of a video game. It’s refreshing and fun. Episode 2 is about “Celeste” which I have never played, but Episode one was about one of my favorite games…
- Switch: Super Mario Odyssey – Such a refreshing re-imagination of Mario games. Certainly one of the best titles on the Switch to date.
- Version Control: Tower – Tower is a fantastic app for git version control. The people behind the app also have published a comprehensive learning resource for git.
- CSS: Third party CSS is not safe by Jake Archibald – Whenever you embed any resource from a third-party server, you are building a tunnel under your site’s security. The same also applies to CSS. Great list of examples from Jake.
- Browser: Firefox Developer Edition & its inspector – Working with grids and other newer CSS benefits from a good inspector and Firefox has stepped up the game. Especially inspecting grids is impressive. The browser also has a beautiful and distinct dark theme.